1) Temperatures are dropping. It is snowing in the Rockies. I am getting myself in shape for another season of skiing. I can hardly wait!
The picture is of me (01/07) at Copper Mountain , Colorado. Behind me is the Spaulding Powder Bowl. That day I was with a professional guide. The picture was taken by my guide right after we plummeted down a crevice that was 30 yards wide, lined with rocks on both sides, and almost as steep as your living room walls.
My skiing motto is: “If it’s too steep; you’re too old.” I am about a year or two away from being “too old” for crevice skiing like I did last year.
2) Recently I was asked to write a series of articles on the “Crossless” gospel for another Fundamental web site. Once they begin posting them I will link you to the site. It is encouraging to see how many more are coming to realize the danger of and just how far askew of the biblical plan of salvation Zane Hodges, Bob Wilkin and the Grace Evangelical Society have drifted.
3) This week I began developing a new article on one of the most controversial issues in the Lordship Salvation debate. A few years ago one of the leading apologists for Lordship Salvation wrote a brief statement that immediately became a lightning rod for debate. My intention is to review that controversial statement, compare it to similar statements and then test it against the Word of God.
4) Last week one of my children just underwent a major surgery. All went well, and a full recovery is expected. We thank God for His grace and mercy.
5) The revised and expanded version of In Defense of the Gospel is in progress and nearing completion. It is a project I devote the time I have available to as I am able. In recent weeks I have been reading and/or interacting with several men I trust and appreciate. I have received numerous requests for the release date. For now, I can tell you that we are looking at early in 2008. The study, meditation on Scripture and prayer that goes into this work has been a blessing.