April 26, 2012

Potential for Miscommunication: Editor’s Reflection

Dear Guests of IDOTG:

Republishing articles from regular contributors has the potential for miscommunication or misunderstanding another man’s views. In this case I refer to my own views. Last week I posted a GraceNotes article by Dr. Charlie Bing titled, The Christian & Apostasy.

Dr. Bing’s GraceNotes appear regularly at IDOTG and have been a great blessing to my readers. When I prepared to republish The Christian and Apostasy I realized that some views expressed in the article do not reflect my own on the subject as I express them in my book, In Defense of the Gospel: Biblical Answers to Lordship Salvation. I sensed that I probably should not post The Christian & Apostasy, but having more-or-less adopted GraceNotes as a regular contribution I went ahead.

On Wednesday, after counsel from a pastor I trust and appreciate, I removed The Christian & Apostasy from IDOTG. Dr. Bing is aware that I pulled the article and we had a cordial discussion about it.  In the future I intend to exercise greater editorial judgment to avoid potential misconception or misunderstanding.

On Monday I will post a new article to continue on this subject of Christians and apostasy. My goal is to tie up some loose ends and present another man’s point of view. Once that new article posts I will also return Dr. Bing’s article to its original position here at IDOTG. If you would like to read Dr. Bing’s article now you may visit The Christian and Apostasy at his GraceLife website.

Kind regards,


LM

You may view samples of Dr. Bing’s excellent articles, which are reproduced here at IDOTG. Articles such as:

 Is Faith in Jesus Christ a Gift of God?

 Can an Unregenerate Person Believe the Gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment