July 9, 2009

In the Interim

Dear Guests of IDOTG:

I want to give an update on the doings here. I typically post two new articles per week. In recent days, however, it has been a longer than normal time span between articles.

Over the holiday weekend I posted a 4th of July tribute to our nation’s birthday and her flag. During the year I post articles to honor and remember some of our nation’s history. Among them are Memorial Day, the 4th of July, the Civil War and 9/11.

I love America! If you love America you must surely be grieved to see how its foundation is being chipped away at, from the inside, in this present day. I post patriotic articles to remind us who we are, where we come from and Who it is that has our destiny in His sovereign hand.

The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever He will,” (Prov. 21:1).
On the personal front my family and I are enjoying the Chicago summer months. At work I routinely put in 12 hour days, which I affectionately call my “half days.” I’m sure many are struggling in this difficult economy. Those of us who are blessed with a job are often called upon to go the extra mile, and with so many looking for work I’m sure we are happy to give more than the extra mile to our employer.

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain,” (Matt. 5:41).

Remember to pray for those among us who are seeking work. Pray for God’s strength, direction, hope and provision in their homes.

Another project I am working on is the final proof reading of the revised and expanded edition of my book In Defense of the Gospel: Biblical Answers to Lordship Salvation. The new edition includes two forewords, plus four additional endorsements by recognizable preachers and/or theologians.

As for the blog articles, I do have several articles ready to publish and/or at various stages of production. Within a few days I will begin posting these. In the interim I am going to post an article I was directed to titled, Doctrine is Dead. The author, Dr. J. B. Hixson, discusses the subject as a news headline. He takes an investigative reporters slant on the subject. I found it an interesting read, compelling commentary and I trust you will too. Doctrine is Dead will appear here tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Any time at your convenience peruse the Labels section found in the left column of this blog. There are dozens of topics to choose from and (to date) 281 articles- any of which may be a helpful personal study.

Yours faithfully,


Lou Martuneac

No comments:

Post a Comment